When a New Year dawns people vow to instigate change to improve their lives. In the past I’ve cited old chestnuts like quitting smoking, losing weight or finding a better job, but this year my intentions are new. I’m moving on with my life.
“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”
~ Joel Osteen
These are my intentions for 2016
- I will reject rejection
- I will forgive others and myself
- I will sever contact with people who cause me pain or anxiety
- I will live by the words of Eleanor Roosevelt “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- I will speak the truth
- I will say no if I want to
- I will expect to receive the same respect I extend to others
- I will embrace and remain true to my introverted personality
- I will continue to live a simple life and be grateful for all I have
- I will continue to love and cherish my husband and children in the only way I know how, unconditionally
- I will accept my feelings and actions as the whole truth.
Happy New Year